New York, January 13 (RHC)-- In the United States, workers at Carl’s Jr. and Hardee’s -- the two fast-food chains run by Trump’s labor secretary pick Andrew Puzder -- spoke about widespread wage theft and abuse at his restaurants during a forum hosted by Massachusetts Senator Elizabeth Warren and Washington Senator Patty Murray.
A survey by Restaurant Opportunities Center United has found a shocking two-thirds of women working at Puzder’s restaurants experience sexual harassment at work. One-third of Puzder workers said they have had some of their wages stolen, or have not received required breaks.
The report also called into question the food safety standards at Puzder’s restaurants, with nearly 80 percent of Puzder workers saying they had prepared or served food while they were sick.
- Cuba supports projects to address climate change across Caribbean region
- Kenyan president inaugurates his country's embassy in Cuba
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- The most persecuted people in the world
- Kenyan President visits Cuba
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3641
- today: 2640
- online: 115
- total: 4461641