San Juan, February 27 (RHC)-- In Puerto Rico, thousands of university students went out on strike, protesting imminent cuts to public education amid an economic crisis. Puerto Rico’s governor has until the end of the month to submit a budget plan to a federally appointed oversight control board with sweeping powers to run Puerto Rico’s economy.
The oversight board wants sharp cuts to public spending and a strategy to pay the debt to bondholders. If the demand is not met, the oversight board will make its own budget plan.
Last week, thousands of students gathered in front of the Capitol in San Juan and marched to the Governor’s Mansion.
- North Korean Foreign Minister Begins Official Visit to Cuba
- RHC's Mailbag Show
- RHC's Music Program 'From Havana' (Qva Libre)
- RHC's Regular Program DXERS UNLIMITED, with Professor Arnaldo 'Arnie' Coro
- Visiting Puerto Rican Independence Activist Oscar López Rivera Pays Tribute to Ernesto 'Che' Guevara
- The World's Wealth In Few Hands
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3682
- today: 3862
- online: 190
- total: 3988475