Washington, April 25 (RHC)-- In the United States, the Bureau of Land Management, the BLM, has debuted a new cover photo for its website: a towering pile of coal. The 2004 photograph was supplied by the Peabody Coal Company. It shows an 80-foot coal seam at an open-cut coal mine.
Until recently, the BLM website’s main photograph showed two boys wearing backpacks gazing across a wild landscape of rolling hills. The website’s new look comes after Interior Secretary Ryan Zinke lifted an Obama-era ban on coal mining leases on federal land.
- Fidel Castro: Neoliberalism is nobody's alternative
- Ralph Gonsalves urges regional unity toward peace and sustainable development
- RHC's Mailbag Show
- RHC's Regular Program DXERS UNLIMITED, with Professor Arnaldo 'Arnie' Coro
- Spain attempts to banish the ghost of the tyrant Franco
- Puerto Rico: the resistance movements in the 21st century colony
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 2531
- today: 391
- online: 67
- total: 4924694