Washington, April 25 (RHC)-- In the United States, the Bureau of Land Management, the BLM, has debuted a new cover photo for its website: a towering pile of coal. The 2004 photograph was supplied by the Peabody Coal Company. It shows an 80-foot coal seam at an open-cut coal mine.
Until recently, the BLM website’s main photograph showed two boys wearing backpacks gazing across a wild landscape of rolling hills. The website’s new look comes after Interior Secretary Ryan Zinke lifted an Obama-era ban on coal mining leases on federal land.
- President Raúl Castro Meets with Visiting Counterpart from Serbia
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Protests and Repression Continue in Argentina
- Cuba Renews Its Solidarity with Venezuela at ALBA-TCP Political Council
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Cuban Parliament President Esteban Lazo Meets with Serbian President
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4241
- today: 3210
- online: 201
- total: 4103406