Gaza City, June 27 (RHC)-- Israeli fighter jets have carried out multiple airstrikes on various positions throughout the Gaza Strip. According to reports, several of the early Tuesday raids targeted positions belonging to the Ezzedeen al-Qassam Brigades -- the military wing of Hamas -- located to the center and the west of the coastal sliver.
Tel Aviv regime’s fighter planes also engaged in strikes against positions in Khan Yunis and Rafah, located to the south of the Strip. Palestinian farming lands to the east of Gaza were also targeted by Israeli mortar fire.
Israel claims that the attacks were launched is response to rocket fire from the Gaza Strip which landed in an unpopulated area in the occupied territories without causing any injuries.
The Israeli military frequently bombs the Gaza Strip, with civilians being the main target of such attacks.
Israel has launched several wars on the Palestinian coastal sliver, the last of which began in early July 2014. The military aggression, which ended on August 26, 2014, killed nearly 2,200 Palestinians. Over 11,100 others were also wounded in the war.
- U.S. Republican lawmakers favor agricultural trade between Cuba and the United States
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Terrible week in Guatemala
- Colombians in awe due to threat of disaster at hidroituango dam
- Cuba condemns OAS' interference in Venezuela's internal affairs
- U.S. imperialism has not succeeded in destroying Puerto Rican nationalism
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3791
- today: 2488
- online: 125
- total: 4840932