US ambassador to UN Nikki Haley. Photo: AP
United Nations, May 16 (RHC)-- At the United Nations, U.S. Ambassador Nikki Haley has blocked a call for an international investigation into Israel’s massacre of at least 61 unarmed Palestinians. On Tuesday, she repeatedly blamed the violence on Hamas while praising Israel for “showing restraint.”
Palestinian officials say the Israeli military shot dead two more Palestinians in Gaza on Tuesday, only one day after the Israeli military killed at least 61 Palestinians and wounded 2,700 more for protesting against the Israeli occupation and the opening of the new U.S. Embassy in Jerusalem.
Haley refused to criticize Israel for the killings. Later, the U.S. ambassador walked out of the Security Council chamber when the Palestinian ambassador to the U.N., Riyad Mansour, addressed the council.
Meanwhile, hospitals in Gaza are continuing to struggle to deal with the thousands of patients who were wounded by the Israeli military on Monday and Tuesday.
- 16th Summit of ALBA Heads of State and Government held in Havana
- Havana becomes the capital of regional integration once again
- The bigger they are the harder they fall!
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- U.S. scholar: regarding the health incidents, Cuba has acted in an honorable, legal manner, whereas the United States has not
- Cuba-CARICOM Day celebrated in Havana
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3316
- today: 1857
- online: 156
- total: 5444787