US ambassador to UN Nikki Haley. Photo: AP
United Nations, May 16 (RHC)-- At the United Nations, U.S. Ambassador Nikki Haley has blocked a call for an international investigation into Israel’s massacre of at least 61 unarmed Palestinians. On Tuesday, she repeatedly blamed the violence on Hamas while praising Israel for “showing restraint.”
Palestinian officials say the Israeli military shot dead two more Palestinians in Gaza on Tuesday, only one day after the Israeli military killed at least 61 Palestinians and wounded 2,700 more for protesting against the Israeli occupation and the opening of the new U.S. Embassy in Jerusalem.
Haley refused to criticize Israel for the killings. Later, the U.S. ambassador walked out of the Security Council chamber when the Palestinian ambassador to the U.N., Riyad Mansour, addressed the council.
Meanwhile, hospitals in Gaza are continuing to struggle to deal with the thousands of patients who were wounded by the Israeli military on Monday and Tuesday.
- Fidel Castro: “I'm not important. It is the six million Cubans back home that follow this visit who matter to me"
- Eusebio Leal: the public debate on the draft of constitution allows for advancing towards a stronger, more united nation
- Cuban-American: our participation in the constitutional reform process can help us find the way to talk with just one voice
- Cuban-Americans need to put pressure on their senators and congresspeople to change U.S.-policy towards Cuba
- Cubans living abroad will have a say in writing Constitution
- Manuel Zelaya: We are here to defend regional peoples, their conquests and their rights
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3751
- today: 1089
- online: 119
- total: 5027735