US ambassador to UN Nikki Haley. Photo: AP
United Nations, May 16 (RHC)-- At the United Nations, U.S. Ambassador Nikki Haley has blocked a call for an international investigation into Israel’s massacre of at least 61 unarmed Palestinians. On Tuesday, she repeatedly blamed the violence on Hamas while praising Israel for “showing restraint.”
Palestinian officials say the Israeli military shot dead two more Palestinians in Gaza on Tuesday, only one day after the Israeli military killed at least 61 Palestinians and wounded 2,700 more for protesting against the Israeli occupation and the opening of the new U.S. Embassy in Jerusalem.
Haley refused to criticize Israel for the killings. Later, the U.S. ambassador walked out of the Security Council chamber when the Palestinian ambassador to the U.N., Riyad Mansour, addressed the council.
Meanwhile, hospitals in Gaza are continuing to struggle to deal with the thousands of patients who were wounded by the Israeli military on Monday and Tuesday.
- The Troika of Tyranny: Neoconservatives Take Charge of Trump’s Latin America Policies
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Migration and defense, top issues in European elections
- Cuba and St. Lucia strengthen bilateral ties
- RHC's weekly feature 'My Reflections on the Revolution'
- Has Trump been deceived about Venezuela?
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3039
- today: 3048
- online: 128
- total: 6037119