U.S. Secretary of State Mike Pompeo. Photo: AFP
Washington, October 5 (RHC)-- U.S. Secretary of State Mike Pompeo is withdrawing the United States from a 1955 treaty with Iran, after the U.N.'s highest court ordered the U.S. to lift of some of the sanctions it has imposed on Iran since May.
The treaty gives jurisdiction to the U.N.'s International Court of Justice on issues between the two nations. National security adviser John Bolton called the ICJ “politicized and ineffective” and said that the Trump administration will review agreements that could be subject to binding decisions by the court.
- Courage and loyalty in the face of lies and aggression
- Cuba and Puerto Rico: Two wings of the same bird
- RHC's Regular Program DXERS UNLIMITED, with Professor Arnaldo 'Arnie' Coro
- RHC's every other weekly program Focus on Africa
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Puerto Rico is going through one of the most difficult crisis it has faced in its history
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 2832
- today: 2406
- online: 138
- total: 5849823