File photo shows Iranian Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif. Photo: Reuters
Tehran, February 4 (RHC)-- Iranian Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif says the United States' decision to suspend its compliance with the Intermediate-range Nuclear Forces (INF) Treaty with Russia sends the message that any deal with the U.S. government is not worth the ink, even treaties ratified by the U.S. Congress.
U.S. Secretary of State Mike Pompeo announced last week that Washington will suspend its obligations under the INF and will withdraw from the landmark 1987 arms control accord in six months if Moscow does not end its alleged violation of the pact.
Russia denies violating the treaty, which bans either side from stationing short- and intermediate-range, land-based missiles in Europe.
- RHC's national and international news stories Jan. 17
- President Diaz-Canel: Trump Administration blames others for its flaws in foreign policy
- Artists attending 35th edition of Jazz Plaza come from around the world
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Visit Cuba
- Notes on the Revolution / Column #58
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 10693
- today: 1379
- online: 184
- total: 6999848