Havana, January 11 (RHC)-- Cuban President Miguel Diaz-Canel has warned not to underestimate the region’s historical adversaries that are using vast resources to overthrow progressive and popular forces in power.
After attending the inauguration of President Maduro for a new term on January 10, Diaz-Canel tweeted: “We support Maduro because, as we have said, it is not possible to underestimate the vast resources being used by our historical adversaries to overthrow progressive and popular forces.”
“We have come to Venezuela, to personally bring a message from the Cuban people in solidarity with President Nicolas Maduro Moros, democratically elected by his people,” Diaz-Canel wrote in his message.
During his speech marking the 60th anniversary of the Cuban Revolution, on January 1, Raul Castro, First Secretary of the Cuban Communist Party, stated that no threat will make us renounce our solidarity with Venezuela.
He recalled the unjust designation of Venezuela as a threat to U.S. national security, the calls for a military coup, military exercises near the country’s borders, and tensions and incidents in the area, which can only lead to serious instability and unpredictable consequences.
- Welcome to a new edition of the Jazz Place
- Minister Bruno Rodríguez: No Cuban family has escaped the impact of the US blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 6
- Successive US administrations have sought to suffocate the Cuban economy for purely political reasons
- Washington’s hostile Cuba policy amounts to a fierce economic, trade and financial blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 5
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4683
- today: 3258
- online: 144
- total: 6649299