Beijing, September 29 (RHC)-- The Medal of Friendship was awarded by Chinese President Xi Jinping to Raul Castro, First Secretary of the Cuban Communist Party.
The medal was received on behalf of Raul by Cuba's ambassador to Beijing, Miguel Ángel Ramírez.
The ceremony was held at the Great Hall of the People in Beijing, the Chinese capital.
Others were awarded with the Friendship Medal. Raul was one of six international figures honored with the distinction, which is a ratification of the excellent state of uninterruped relations between Cuba and China over the past 59 years.
- RHC's national and international news stories Jan. 23
- Soberon says upcoming Havana conference is a step forward toward strengthening Cuba's links with its nationals abroad
- Imperialism and Revolution Episode #23
- RHC's segment on literature 'From the Bookshelf'
- RHC's sports report TIME OUT
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 10194
- today: 5613
- online: 195
- total: 7068409