Beijing, September 29 (RHC)-- The Medal of Friendship was awarded by Chinese President Xi Jinping to Raul Castro, First Secretary of the Cuban Communist Party.
The medal was received on behalf of Raul by Cuba's ambassador to Beijing, Miguel Ángel Ramírez.
The ceremony was held at the Great Hall of the People in Beijing, the Chinese capital.
Others were awarded with the Friendship Medal. Raul was one of six international figures honored with the distinction, which is a ratification of the excellent state of uninterruped relations between Cuba and China over the past 59 years.
- Welcome to a new edition of the Jazz Place
- Minister Bruno Rodríguez: No Cuban family has escaped the impact of the US blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 6
- Successive US administrations have sought to suffocate the Cuban economy for purely political reasons
- Washington’s hostile Cuba policy amounts to a fierce economic, trade and financial blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 5
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4501
- today: 4213
- online: 159
- total: 6631605