Hanoi, May 30, (RHC-VNS) — A Communist Party delegation from Cuba has arrived in Vietnam for an official visit, media in that South East Asian country reports.
Vietnamese Party leader, Nguyen Phu Trong, and State President, Truong Tan Sang, received a Cuban delegation led by the Vice Chairman of Cuba's State Council, Salvador Valdes Mesa, in Hanoi this Friday.
According to VNS news agency, the Vietnamese leaders praised Cuba's achievements in updating its socio-economic model and external relations, saying these would form an important premise for Cuba's future growth.
They also welcomed the Cuban delegation's visit, saying it would further deepen the friendship and comprehensive co-operation between the two Parties, States, and people. President Sang said the loyal relationship between the two countries was a priceless treasure that people should cherish and enhance.
The two sides also hoped that the Viet Nam-Cuba Intergovernmental Committee would work out new cooperative mechanisms to foster bilateral co-operation.
For his part, Valdés Mesa affirmed Cuba's determination to promote friendship and solidarity with Vietnam.
Earlier, the Cuban delegation held talks with a delegation from the Communist Party of Vietnam led by Politburo member Le Hong Anh , where they informed each other of recent developments and discussed issues of common interest.
- Welcome to a new edition of the Jazz Place
- Minister Bruno Rodríguez: No Cuban family has escaped the impact of the US blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 6
- Successive US administrations have sought to suffocate the Cuban economy for purely political reasons
- Washington’s hostile Cuba policy amounts to a fierce economic, trade and financial blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 5
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4132
- today: 2126
- online: 147
- total: 6745205