Havana, June 27 (RHC)-- Cuban First Vice President Miguel Diaz-Canel has met with several visiting U.S. senators. Senator Patrick Leahy of Vermont, Senator Benjamin Cardin of Maryland and Senator Dean Heller from the U.S. state of Nevada are currently visiting Havana in the context of ongoing talks between Cuba and the United States.
During the meeting which took place on Friday, Cuba's first vice president spoke with the senators about the current debate taking place in the U.S. Congress concerning the elimination of restrictions on travel to and trade with Cuba, as well as lifting the U.S. blockade against Cuba.
The meeting between First Vice President Miguel Diaz-Canel and the U.S. senators was attended by Josefina Vidal Ferreiro, the Director General of the U.S. section of the Cuban Foreign Ministry and other diplomatic representatives.
- RHC's special broadcast on the Cuban health system and the country's international health cooperation
- RHC's national and international news stories Feb.17
- RHC's scientific and medical review
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- RHC's segment 'The Jazz Place'
- RHC's national and international news stories
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 8346
- today: 6096
- online: 221
- total: 7326648