Havana, July 15 (RHC) -- The Cuban parliament, currently in plenary session, extended to the Ecuadorian National Assembly and the government of Rafael Correa, its firm support against destabilization-oriented attempts by the local oligarchy.
A declaration unanimously approved by the Cuban lawmakers reads that Ecuador, just like other sovereign and independent Latin American nations, is undergoing the impact of a global offensive unleashed by imperialism against progressive governments in the region.
“The National Assembly of People’s Power (Cuban Parliament) expresses its firm solidarity towards Ecuador’s National Assembly with its democratically-elected government, headed by President Rafael Correa.”
The Cuban parliament also asked legislators from around the world to protest any act against the sovereignty of Ecuador and to close ranks in support of the Ecuadorian people.
- Welcome to a new edition of the Jazz Place
- Minister Bruno Rodríguez: No Cuban family has escaped the impact of the US blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 6
- Successive US administrations have sought to suffocate the Cuban economy for purely political reasons
- Washington’s hostile Cuba policy amounts to a fierce economic, trade and financial blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 5
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 5771
- today: 2833
- online: 162
- total: 6620930