Havana, July 15 (RHC) -- The Cuban parliament, currently in plenary session, extended to the Ecuadorian National Assembly and the government of Rafael Correa, its firm support against destabilization-oriented attempts by the local oligarchy.
A declaration unanimously approved by the Cuban lawmakers reads that Ecuador, just like other sovereign and independent Latin American nations, is undergoing the impact of a global offensive unleashed by imperialism against progressive governments in the region.
“The National Assembly of People’s Power (Cuban Parliament) expresses its firm solidarity towards Ecuador’s National Assembly with its democratically-elected government, headed by President Rafael Correa.”
The Cuban parliament also asked legislators from around the world to protest any act against the sovereignty of Ecuador and to close ranks in support of the Ecuadorian people.
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Cuba ratifies its unwavering support for Nicaragua
- Cuba renews its solidarity with Nicaragua
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Cuban lawmakers studying draft of new Constitution
- Machado Ventura: Unity among the left and progressive forces is urgently needed these days
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3268
- today: 1759
- online: 113
- total: 4944603