U.S. ambassador to the United Nations, Nikki Haley. Photo: UN File
United Nations, June 27 (RHC)-- In news from the United Nations, U.S. Ambassador Nikki Haley has slammed a new U.N. report by the special rapporteur on extreme poverty and human rights Philip Alston, who recently toured the United States.
Haley said: “It is patently ridiculous for the United Nations to examine poverty in America.” Haley’s comment comes just days after the U.S. pulled out of the U.N. Human Rights Council.
Philip Alston discussed his findings on poverty in the U.S., saying: “Vast numbers of people are left living without enough to get by on, the 40 million living in poverty, the figure of 5.3 million, which has been estimated of people who live in, quote, ‘Third World conditions’ in this country.”
- RHC's Corner Taken Quickly
- RHC's national and international news stories Sept. 13
- Miguel Diaz-Canel: None of the measures we are implementing are improvised
- RHC's segment Notes on the Revolution Column #5 Sept. 13
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show Sept. 13
- Cuba will never renounce its solidarity with Venezuela
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 2914
- today: 1452
- online: 159
- total: 6366019