Washington, May 2 (RHC)-- Ultra-right wing supporters of Juan Guaido attempted to seize the Venezuelan Embassy Thursday, but were shut out by a combination of solidarity activists who held their ground and a legal strategy that defined and asserted their rights.
A small group of pro-Trump, right-wing protesters tried to get Juan Guaido's "ambassador" Carlos Vecchio into the door to seize the building, but Vecchio was forced to make a quick exit from the scene after he gave what observers called a pathetic speech in front of the embassy. Activists who are guarding the entrance and all access to the building blocked his entry.
A member of his right-wing entourage announced that at some point they would be back to take over the embassy, announcing that they would initiate a legal process in the courts. But news reports say that plans to raid and arrest peace activists present at the invitation of the Venezuelan government and hand the embassy to the fake ambassador -- have so far failed.
- RHC's Arts Roundup August 20
- RHC's sports report TIME OUT August 20
- RHC's national and international news stories August 20
- RHC's national and international news stories August 19
- RHC's Arts Roundup August 19
- RHC's national and international news stories August 17
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3443
- today: 3549
- online: 125
- total: 6268122