San Salvador, July 25 (RHC)-- Salvadorean local radio highlighted on Monday the strength of character and capacity to withstand hardships shown by Cuban Five Fernando González during his incarceration in the United States.
In an interview with Radio Maya Visión, the Cuban hero was commended him for his steadfastness. Gonzalez was described as a true product of Cuba's Revolution, whose inner strength had allowed him to resist years of unjust imprisonment in the United States.
González, who is currently the president of the Cuban Friendship Institute, said that growing up in Cuba's environment of revolutionary commitment and the patriotic upbringing his family had provided, allowed him to withstand those harsh prison years.
Fernando Gonzalez is one of the Cuban Five, whose arbitrary incarceration in the United States for nearly 15 years unleashed a worldwide movement of sympathy for their cause.
- Welcome to a new edition of the Jazz Place
- Minister Bruno Rodríguez: No Cuban family has escaped the impact of the US blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 6
- Successive US administrations have sought to suffocate the Cuban economy for purely political reasons
- Washington’s hostile Cuba policy amounts to a fierce economic, trade and financial blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 5
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 5179
- today: 2387
- online: 188
- total: 6668383