Santiago de Cuba, February 4 (RHC)-- The historic leader of the Cuban Revolution, Fidel Castro, was elected on Wednesday as delegate to the 7th Congress of the Cuban Communist Party, to be held in April.
Elected unanimously, voting took place during the assembly of secretary generals of organizations of the Jose Marti District Committee in Santiago de Cuba, attended by over 300 participants, and it is part of the process that began throughout the country on February 1 st, prior to the Congress.
While presenting his proposal, Gabriel Blanco member of the Bureau of the PCC in Santiago de Cuba province, acknowledged the merits of the Commander in Chief, the architect of the triumph of the Cuban Revolution on January 1st, 1959, a historic event that marked not only Cuba but all of Latin America and the world.
- RHC's Arts Roundup
- Cuba ratifies its unwavering support for Nicaragua
- Cuba renews its solidarity with Nicaragua
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Cuban lawmakers studying draft of new Constitution
- Machado Ventura: Unity among the left and progressive forces is urgently needed these days
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 3367
- today: 1438
- online: 157
- total: 4951102