Havana, July 15 (RHC) -- The 11th Plenary Session of the Cuban Communist Party Central Committee, presided over by its First Secretary Raul Castro, has convened the 7th Congress of that political organization for April 16, 2016 -- marking the 55th anniversary of the declaration of the Socialist character of the Cuban Revolution and the founding of the Party.
The Party congress will evaluate the implementation of the accords reached at the 6th Congress and the Party´s First National Conference, pave the way to keep improving the country's social and economic model and elect new members of the Central Committee.
The 11th Central Committee session also presented two reports on the work done during the first half of the year by the Political Bureau and the Secretariat of that body, which prioritize the policies and other decisions adopted as part of the implementation of the social and economic guidelines of the Communist Party and the objectives designed during the First National Conference.
The Central Committee members approved a report on the implementation of the country's Economic Plan and Budget for the first half of 2015, an issue to be analyzed today by lawmakers during the plenary session of the Cuban Parliament.
- Anayansi Rodriguez: Fidel taught us to defend peace and noble causes around the world
- Fernández de Cossío: the current U.S. government wrongly believe that they can reedit the Monroe Doctrine in our region
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Courage and loyalty in the face of lies and aggression
- Cuba and Puerto Rico: Two wings of the same bird
- RHC's Regular Program DXERS UNLIMITED, with Professor Arnaldo 'Arnie' Coro
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 2763
- today: 1841
- online: 130
- total: 5857951