Havana, April 19 (RHC)— Cuba marks today 55 years since the victory at Playa Giron against the infamous U.S.-organized and financed mercenary invasion of the Bay of Pigs.
Under the personal leadership of Fidel Castro, militia units, police forces and Rebel Army fighters crushed the invaders. In less than 72 hours, the mercenary force was wiped out and most of its members surrendered to Cuban forces, in what has gone down in history as the first major defeat of U.S. imperialism in the Americas.
- RHC's Segment 'The Voice of José Martí'
- RHC's Mailbag Show
- Visiting US congressional delegation meets with President Raúl Castro, speaks to the media in Havana
- Senator Leahy urges U.S. government to fully restaff Embassy in Havana
- Brazil: fighting fire with fire?
- The nuclear phantom flies again
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4641
- today: 4311
- online: 142
- total: 4365793