Israel bombs Gaza after Israeli soldiers kill five during protests. Photo: Reuters
Gaza City, October 29 (RHC)-- In Gaza, an airstrike from an Israeli drone killed three Palestinian teenagers Sunday near the heavily militarized separation barrier with Israel.
The deaths capped a weekend of violence. On Friday, Israeli forces shot and killed five Palestinians as they joined weekly protests under the banner of the Great March of Return. The Gaza Health Ministry said 170 others were injured, many by live fire.
Over the weekend, Israeli warplanes pounded parts of Gaza with dozens of bombs, leveling buildings, as Palestinians fired about three dozen rockets toward southern Israel before a brief ceasefire took effect late Saturday.
- Welcome to a new edition of the Jazz Place
- Minister Bruno Rodríguez: No Cuban family has escaped the impact of the US blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 6
- Successive US administrations have sought to suffocate the Cuban economy for purely political reasons
- Washington’s hostile Cuba policy amounts to a fierce economic, trade and financial blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 5
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 5024
- today: 1535
- online: 172
- total: 6652600