Gaza City, July 31 (RHC)-- In the Gaza Strip, Israeli troops have shot and killed 16-year-old Hussein Abu Hasima amid ongoing protests over Israel’s imposition of security restrictions at the holy al-Aqsa Mosque in Jerusalem. Electronic Intifada reports he is the 14th Palestinian child to be killed by Israeli troops this year.
This latest killing comes as Gaza’s two million residents are trying to survive a sweltering heat wave with only a few hours of electricity a day. Over the weekend, temperatures in Gaza soared to about 95 degrees Fahrenheit. The United Nations recently said Gaza has become unlivable.
- Welcome to a new edition of the Jazz Place
- Minister Bruno Rodríguez: No Cuban family has escaped the impact of the US blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 6
- Successive US administrations have sought to suffocate the Cuban economy for purely political reasons
- Washington’s hostile Cuba policy amounts to a fierce economic, trade and financial blockade
- RHC's national and international news stories Nov. 5
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 4132
- today: 876
- online: 213
- total: 6743955