Gaza City, July 31 (RHC)-- In the Gaza Strip, Israeli troops have shot and killed 16-year-old Hussein Abu Hasima amid ongoing protests over Israel’s imposition of security restrictions at the holy al-Aqsa Mosque in Jerusalem. Electronic Intifada reports he is the 14th Palestinian child to be killed by Israeli troops this year.
This latest killing comes as Gaza’s two million residents are trying to survive a sweltering heat wave with only a few hours of electricity a day. Over the weekend, temperatures in Gaza soared to about 95 degrees Fahrenheit. The United Nations recently said Gaza has become unlivable.
- Victor Gaute-Cuba denounces the United States for adopting measures aimed at hindering everyday life in the Caribbean state
- Frei Betto: I believe the socialist project clearly corresponds to what Martí said when he spoke of Motherland as Humanity
- Notes on the Revolution / Column #61
- RHC's sports report TIME OUT
- Visit Cuba
- RHC's Caribbean Outlook Show
- Max: 19729
- yesterday: 10109
- today: 7314
- online: 143
- total: 7090407